Thursday, December 12, 2013

2013 Wrangler National Finals Rodeo - Las Vegas, Nevada

I did not travel to Las Vegas to attend the rodeo!  I went there to participate in the Holiday Classic Dancesport event held at the Tropicana Hotel.  That is a massive competition meant to humble the self-perception of your dance skills with a deep field of competitive dancers from all over the country.  Indeed, I have my hands full and my feet busy with competitors all around me to contend with. But the ladies have it much worse with massive hoards of very competent contenders sparing nothing to vie for the top finisher positions.   

Sometimes serendipity finds its way to amuse and entertain. Passing through the MGM hotel after a special dinner honoring the birthday of my dance teacher Yanna, on stage and shouting music with cowboys and cowgirls on the dance floor with cowboy boots and signature hats were doing special rodeo dance moves.....looking very much like a hustle but it seemed almost painful in its execution. Anyway, it was so different and so entertaining that I caught a clip of it to post for posterity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment