Saturday, March 1, 2014

Heritage Classic Dancesport Championship 2014 - Introduction

This is the last day at the competition, and I am planning on writing something on my way home about my favorite dance competition of the year.  So far a good experience and I love the venue......The Grove Park Inn. Funny though, the hotel has been renovated, ostensibly the reason that the competition was not heavily attended last year. But things are back to normal with about 9500 entries for the week's competition.

And the renovations....hummm, not sure I understand what these folks were thinking. The lobby has a significant makeover,  but I cannot honestly say it has made a significant impact. The rooms are now too dark at night to see. I guess they are trying to save electricity buy limiting the lighting options of the rooms.  Indeed, I had to set out my clothes and underwear for the next mornings dance heats by the light of previous day to insure that I would find everything I needed. More later but I'll leave you with some pictures to wet your thirst for more.   

In the pictures that follow including this one, I am the only amateur dancer.
The rest are professionals....my dance teacher Yanna, and the professionals
competing below......
Well the quality of my camera cannot capture the speed of
these pros doing the Viennese Waltz
Wow!
Wow, wow!!




No comments:

Post a Comment