Saturday, May 10, 2014

One Happy Moment Until.......



Happiness is measured in serendipitous moments, sometimes unexpected.  At least some are not the defining moments in your life like the wedding, the birth of your children (who appear normal at birth), passing your subspecialty boards, buying your first house, receiving a normal PSA result, beating your fellow dance competitors who have been pulverizing you on the competition dance floor, etc, etc.

I was very happy for a moment in time last night at the Sugino Showcase at the Sheraton Waikiki Hotel, and it was caught on a picture or two that created a permanent remembrance.  I was happy for the moment of the picture, feeling and looking younger than my age until I had to hobble back to the dinner table aching from overextending myself on the dance floor, the soles of my feet and ankles feeling like I had just walked over hot coals.....sore and swollen, my knees and hips stiff and immobile, my back hunched over in agony.  But at least I created an illusion that existed for a moment in time until reality struck it down like a fly swatter neutralizing its intended target......  

No comments:

Post a Comment