Monday, November 3, 2014

Kiwi Classic Dance Competition - 2015

Hey, come one come all to the Capezio Kiwi Classic Dance Competition in Auckland, New Zealand!   It will be held on April 18-19, 2015 so you have time a plenty to buy your airline ticket…..non stop from Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines.  And guess what, for a 9-hour flight it only takes a one-hour adjustment on your watch to reach Auckland time – of course you lose a day since you pass the international dateline flying from Honolulu to Auckland.  But its only on loan, since you get paid back when you return home to Honolulu.


Why come to the Kiwi Classic? 

Reason Number 1:  Auckland is a real cool city and New Zealand is a beautiful country with lots to see….people nice, safe, weather decent, air clean and water is pristine.

Reason Number 2: The competition hotel and ballroom are cozy and warm, and a manageable walk to downtown and the harbor.

Reason Number 3:  You will meet new international competitors and share your flair with American Smooth and Rhythm and witness their New Vogue style, which is a bucket of fun!

Reason Number 4: You will meet one of the organizers, Wendy Johnson who will great you with enthusiasm.

Reason Number 5: You will have lots of fun competing in the Kiwi Classic and visiting New Zealand.

So, I found my way from the medical conference hotel (that I came to Auckland to attend) to the one holding the Kiwi classic…only a few blocks away.  Then I boldly found and entered the ballroom without asking anyone permission. Then I  took the not so good pics displayed below.  The hotel is really cute and charming.  I was getting excited just standing there in the dimly lit ballroom carpeted and utterly stripped of its dance ballroom face.  I immediately visualized how the dance floor would fit and the seating areas of the participants. 

Think about it – just competing in the US is predictable and a little boring.  Expand your horizon.  With the US dollar being stronger than the NZ dollar, the cost should not be that bad. Come and join Yanna and me next year!  As usual, I already have my Hawaiian Airlines ticket. Don’t wait too long before making a decision.

Downtown Auckland seen from a ferry.  Hilton Hotel dressed up like
a cruise ship intersecting the Sky Tower a half a mile up the road.

Auckland is lovely city!
I was in Auckland to attend a Health Disparities Research meeting but found
hula dancers starting off the meeting.  What a surprise!
And I had time to venture off from the Rendezvous Hotel to the Langham
where the Kiwi was held in 2014 and I assume will be held in 2015 
The ballroom is a great room and in fact is called the Great Room!
I should have used my flash but this is the ballroom where the comp will
be held.  Very nice and cozy.
Lost of desert breaks at my research conference as we got first hand
experience with the problem of obesity and Type 2 Diabetes

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete