Sunday, December 6, 2015

Divino Ritmo Christmas Party - 2015


Last night, along with about a hundred others, I attended the Divino Ritmo Christmas studio party.  Augie Rey was there to sing and entertain, food was good and plentiful, especially if you were in the first group in line, and the DJ was streaming music from a great playlist filled with Christmas tunes and other ballroom favorites. The studio was dressed appropriately for the holiday celebration.

Everyone seemed to have a great time celebrating the Christmas party as we begin December's holiday procession on our way to 2016.  But first, a little more about last night....What I remember about it.....


  • The attendants included faithful students, those who were more casually committed, friends and acquaintances, and other folks coming because Augie always draws his dedicated followers wherever he goes
  • The crowd was nearly perfect in number, crowded enough to fill the studio with people, but not too crowded to make you feel claustrophobic.  Still, you had to be clever and careful to navigate the dance floor around a variety of dancers ranging from beginners to intermediate.
  • There was at least one former student who was visibly absent and another who shockingly appeared despite being a persona non grata 
  • I remember that I had about a half of a bottle of La Crema Chardonnay during the evening, and that I was not even upset when I attempted to claim the remainder on leaving the studio - to find out that someone or someones had beat me to it
  • The desserts were particularly plentiful and tasty 
  • I danced with a variety of ladies - all good natured and a joy to dance with
  • There were nearly a half dozen performances from studio dancers that were all decked out in matching dance garb that included students of all ages - the performances were decent and entertaining
  • A special Tahitian performance was very well done and caught my eye....as I could not help but notice the pretty girls I had never before seen  
  • My feet started acting up after about two hours prompting an early exit
  • Marie was wished a happy birthday with a beautiful looking cake
  • My most memorable dance of the evening was an American waltz with Lisa
  • etc, etc.....
Everyone there has their own individual story to tell; this is just a glimpse of my evening. Getting ready for a series of trips that begin tomorrow which I'm sure will unearth some inspiring moments worth writing about. At the same time, it may not be possible to write about every exciting moment in my adventures - for this I will remain PC.   Stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment