Tuesday, December 31, 2019

A Medley of Pictures from Jordan




























Pictures taken from Madaba - the Mosaic City - St George's Church and John the Baptist Church, the ruins are Jerash in northern Jordan, and the sea is the Dead Sea - see previous blog.  The crystals you see on the beach three pictures up prove the dense salinity of the sea.  You can pick up clumps of salt that have crystalized into rock size pieces.  We even brought a hand full home with us.  Although I did not get full immersed in the Dead Sea, enough of my body parts got enough of the dense sludge of salt on my hands and feet to make me desperate for plain water to wash away the slimy feel of the sea.  But it was worth the experience, one that my mother used to talk about when she was alive, one in which my sisters would accompany her all the way from Ramallah to enjoy the most remarkable body of water in the world.   

No comments:

Post a Comment